One of the world's leading integrated telecommunications companies, Deutsche Telekom serves more than 151 million mobile customers, and provides 30 million fixed-network lines and more than 17 million broadband lines. To keep 70 million daily messages flowing smoothly among the more than 1,000 mission-critical applications that power these services, Deutsche Telekom needed to reduce service interruptions and speed problem resolution for enterprise service bus (ESB) messaging middleware.
Deutsche Telekom uses BMC Middleware Management to monitor its WebSphere MQ environment, application servers, and ESB, helping IT improve the change success rate, resolve problems faster, and reduce the number of costly outages that could disrupt service to customers.
BMC Middleware Management metrics enable IT to examine the availability and performance of a business service, report on trends, predict future requirements, and analyze system issues.
- IT completes more than 90% of change requests within 15 minutes, increasing customer satisfaction.
- Proactive management reduces service disruptions and accelerates problem resolution.
- Early warning notifications alert the staff of conditions that could affect business operations, so the right people can step in before disruptions occur.
- Real-time views of performance speed health assessments of the middleware technology.
- Automated middleware management increases the success rate of carrier network service reboots from 50% to more than 80%.
“Using the middleware monitoring solution from BMC Software, we now have a transparent view of transaction performance and availability. We can see a shared view of the root cause of the problem, and that’s helping to eliminate finger-pointing and enable a closer degree of working together.”— Axel von Dielingen, Deutsche Telekom Middleware Management Consultant and GM, Geyer & Weinig